Full-time teacher for Year 5 class: one-year contract (in first instance) from Sept 2022
Harston and Newton is a village primary school at the heart of its community. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic classroom practitioner to join our happy and successful school. The post will be in Year 5.
We are looking for someone who:
• is committed to providing high-quality learning and teaching and expects the best from every child
• has excellent communication skills, is reflective and committed to their own professional development
• is committed to raising children’s achievement and attainment
• consistently teaches good or better lessons
• is positive and has a good sense of humour
• is able to work both independently and as part of a team.
We can offer you:
•a welcoming community with hardworking staff and enthusiastic children, who love to learn
•a commitment to developing the whole curriculum - we hold the Primary Science Quality Mark, Music Mark and the Platinum School Games Mark
•a school that is successful, ambitious and well supported by the Governors, Community and Parents/Carers
•a commitment to your professional development
•a spacious site in an attractive village setting, close to all the facilities of Cambridge
Visits are encouraged, and you are welcome to visit during the teaching day or after school. Please contact the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 01223 870345 to arrange an appointment. If you have any questions, or wish to discuss the position further please telephone to speak to Siobhan Rouse, the headteacher, or email, email@example.com
Application forms/details, including Job Description and Person Specification are available from EPM and on the school website.
Closing date for applications : Monday 11th July at 12 noon.
Interviews soon after.
Harston and Newton Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.