Being correctly clothed for PE allows children to focus on their learning, reduces the risk of injury and encourages good hygiene. All children should have the following 6 items in their PE kitbag to allow them to participate in all indoor and outdoor PE lessons:
- Coloured House T-shirt (school one or own plain one) or plain white PE T-shirt
- Black/ navy shorts or "skort"
- Replacement socks
- Trainers (just for PE)
- Warm long sleeved sports top (e.g. hoodie, fleece, sweatshirt, thermal skins)
- Warm Long legged bottoms (e.g. tracksuit or jogging bottoms, sports leggings, thermal skins)
In addition children will need the following when swimming:
The following items are optional depending on activity and weather:
- Goggles & swimhat for swimming
- Warm hat, scarf & gloves (for cold outdoor weather - gloves may need to be removed for catching and holding sticks/rackets etc)
- Sunhat (e.g. baseball cap, soft fabric hat)
- Football boots for tag rugby and football on the school field
- Gymnastics leotard/ leggings for gymnastics and dance
No jewellery, watches or wristbands should be worn during PE in accordance with Cambridgeshire County Council PE guidelines.