Harston and Newton Community Primary School
  • Google Search
  • Google Translate
Scroll Down


If you have a concern about your child's education or about the school in general, we hope to be able to respond to your concerns promptly. In order to do this, we would ask that you speak to your child;s class teacher, or to the staff in the office, about your concern as soon as possible. With regular and effective communication, we hope to keep you well informed about your child's progress. Communication is two-way, so please also keep us informed
about any issues effecting your child outside of school, or anything in school that is worrying you or your child.
   The DfE makes a helpful distinction between a “concern” and a “complaint”. A concern may be treated as ‘an expression of worry or doubt over an issue considered to be important for which reassurances are sought’.
A complaint may be generally recognised as ‘an expression or statement of dissatisfaction, however made, about actions taken or a lack of action’.
It is in everyone’s interest that complaints are resolved at the earliest possible stage. Many issues can be resolved informally, without the need to follow formal procedures. As a school, we take informal concerns seriously and make every effort to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
   We hope that we won't ever feel the need to make a formal complaint, but if you do, please follow the procedure below.
   If your complaint is related to your child's special educational needs, please ensure you have made contact with Mr Lloyd Douglas, SENCo, in the first instance. He will be able to provide guidance and support to help resolve your concerns in the early stages.

1 1 2 2 0 7 Visitors
All website content copyright © Harston and Newton Community Primary School